Saturday, August 21, 2010

Latest Update - Attendees, Prizes, The Menu and More!

Phew!  This has been a busy week!  Mainly working on retreat stuff!  And that means an update for you!!!  There's a lot of info here and ONE EXTRA TICKET opportunity, so read closely!

PRIZES 
Last night, Kim came over and we dug out ALL the prizes.  Well, let me just say... I've done WAY more shopping than I thought I had and I think you are going to be thrilled with what I have so far!  Almost $1,500 in prizes with more to come!!!

THE MENU 
BREAKFAST - served at 9am (if you need something earlier, the hotel's continental breakfast is ready by 6:30)
Friday and Saturday - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy and Fruit
Sunday - Bagels and Cream Cheese and Fruit
LUNCH - served at 12:30 
Friday - Ham and Cheese and Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwiches
Saturday - Chicken Salad on Croissants (yes, the same ones we had last year!  yummo!)
DINNER - served at 6
Thursday - Fried Chicken, salad, mashed potatoes and corn
Friday - trying to decide between Italian, BBQ or Mexican (any input will be appreciated!)
Saturday - Christmas Dinner... Turkey and all the trimmings!

CHRISTMAS CARD SWAPS
As of today, here are the numbers in each category
Traditional Christmas - 9
Non-Traditional Christmas - 9
Religious - 6

FINAL PAYMENT DUE SEPTEMBER 1
Be sure and get your final retreat payment to me by September 1st.  If you are mailing it and it may be a day or two late, please email me and let me know that.  I do have a waiting list and if you have changed your mind or you can't make it, please let me know so I can fill your spot.

ATTENDEES
 Here's the full and final list... we ARE 50 now and we are FULL!!!
  1. Alisa Stanton
  2. Amy Roller
  3. Barbara Francis
  4. Becky Pearce
  5. Beth Bruner
  6. Bettyann Shuert
  7. Brenda Boyd
  8. Brenda Stewart
  9. Carol Adkins
  10. Cathey Hicks
  11. Chastity Bradford
  12. Christine Dix
  13. Christine Rantz
  14. Debbie Goosey
  15. Debbie Harris
  16. Debbie Hill
  17. Dorinda Arney
  18. Gaylynn Crosby
  19. Gwenda Warner
  20. Janis Purves
  21. Jessie Kelb
  22. Judi Hough
  23. Julie Windle
  24. Kathy White
  25. Kim Beasley
  26. Kim Kelley
  27. Kippen Richards
  28. Laura Huffman
  29. Lavon McGinnis
  30. Lenette Davis
  31. Lori Ball
  32. Lyla Crawford
  33. Michelle Johnson
  34. Michelle Leigh
  35. Miranda Paladino
  36. Missy Kaiser
  37. Myriam Boter
  38. Pam McEntire
  39. Pam Thiesen
  40. Pat Reitmeyer
  41. Pat Richards
  42. Patricia Ervin
  43. Rebecca Clark
  44. Rita May
  45. Samantha Green
  46. Suzy Bruner
  47. Tammie Patton
  48. Toni Huffman
  49. Tysha Shay
  50. Vickie Alcorn

UPCOMING THINGS TO BE WATCHING FOR!

TOMBOWS - I will be ordering Tombows again this year.  I plan to turn an order in on September 20.  I will be sending a reminder along with details to everyone earlier in September.

CLOSE TO MY HEART - Some of you know that I am a Close to My Heart Rep.  I will be having my Open House on Saturday, Sept 11th from 1 - 4 at my house.  This one will be a little different that my normal ones, but we will still have fun!  Be watching for an email with details!  More important to you than my Open House is my SPECIAL I offer to all retreat attendees.  If you are officially registered, (at least a deposit paid), you will be entitled to a 10% discount off your entire order placed by September 20th.  (An order will get you an EXTRA DRAWING TICKET!)  New Fall/Winter Idea Books will be available on September 1st and you can get your very own copy... FREE... by attending my Open House OR by stopping by my house and picking one up.  As you know, I'm not mobile yet, so you are going to HAVE to come to me!  (pretty lame way to get attention, huh!)  Call first, so I can leave the front door unlocked!

I hope you are getting as excited as I am!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

7 comments:

  1. Janis,
    it all sounds so great! I cannot wait!!!!!!!

    And mexican is my vote for the food...but I've never had any problems finding things I like and I'm sure any of it will be great.
    Thanks
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis,

    For dinner Friday night I think any of those would taste great, particularly since we aren't having to cook it!!

    I have some weird dietary concerns and have two requests with regards to meals, 1) with sandwiches could we have those mayo/mustard packets on the side again? 2) I think there was ceasar dressing for salads in the fall, could I bring some additional bottles of dressings?

    By the way, if I haven't said it yet, thanks for organizing such a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited and can't wait..

    My vote is Italian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry the above is from
    Tammie Dawn

    The vote for Italian..

    Thanks Tammie Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too vote for Italian...

    Vickie M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having some touble with accessing my blog, thanks to my husband, and just now got it back. I know it's too late to vote, but I do love Italian and I think it was a great choice and the rest of the menu looks fantastic. I'm also really sorry about your friend Barb, prayers and best wishes are with her. Thanks for continuing with e-mail postings for those of us who were having blog issues.

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, it's only a few more weeks until the retreat. I'm getting really excited now that it's so close. Guess I'd better start gathering projects I'm going to work on.

    Janis, have you managed to talk anyone else into washing those t-shirts for you?

    ReplyDelete

jmpurves@mchsi.com