Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas Card Swap

As I've been sitting here... doing NOTHING... I've been thinking... and I think it's time to announce our
 CHRISTMAS CARD CARD SWAP
for the retreat!

We are going to have 3 categories.... 
  1. Traditional Cards - made with traditional colors (like red and greens or golds or silvers) and traditional items (like ribbons, santa, reindeer, poinsettias, snow, etc)
  2. Non-Traditional Cards - made with non-traditional colors (like pinks or blues or purples) and non-traditional items (like palm trees or swimming or dogs or cats)
  3. Religious Cards - made with any colors and with a religious theme or words
If you have something in mind and want a clarification,
let me know and I can help you place it in the right category.

You can join any or all of the categories!

If you've never done a card swap, you really should try this one.  There's no pressure... lots of time... and well, it's just fun!  You can start planning your cards and get your first one done in the next few weeks.  And then, sign-up closes, I'll let you know how many there are in each category, so you will know how many to make.  Here are a few simple rules... just to keep everyone on the same track.  Don't hesitate to email me or leave comments here if you have any questions.

General Rules
  1. Sign up by Sept 1 by emailing me and telling me which category you'd like to join
  2. I will get you those final number by Sept 4th
  3. Materials from any or any combination of manufacturers
  4. Any number of embellishments you wish
  5. Any size of card you'd like to make
  6. Do you very best work... something you'd be proud to send your mom!
  7. No prizes, you'll just be able to take home a bunch of cool cards!
So... as soon as you decide, let me know.  I will need to have at least 5 in each category.  If we have a huge response, like I'm hoping for, I will break up the categories into groups no bigger than 9.  So, if we have 10 sign up, we will have 2 groups of 5, etc.  And if you'd like to be in two groups of the same category, that is fine with me!


6 comments:

  1. Okay since there have been no takers I will go for all three. Hope you are still doing okay Janis.

    Come on Lyla, I know you are good at these things. You and Miranda too. We'll just have fun. Oh, I forgot Debbie G. you can make good cards too. Thanks, Christine Rantz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chrisine, you aren't alone! I've had 5 email me and sign up! I haven't heard from Lyla yet, but Miranda is signed up! I'll be posting the lists over the next couple of days.

    I'm even signing up! I'm so excited over this swap, I can hardly stand it! WOOHOO! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK..I guess I will commit. I will make traditional. That is all I have time to do. Will look forward to getting some great cards.

    Lavon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a card swap...I've seen some that others have received...I would like to try it! All three sound like good categories, but for my first time, I think I'll limit to two categories: non-traditional and traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janis,
    I'd like to sign up for all three. I'm sure I have enough stamps to do them all and for sure I've got plenty of time to get them done, uh, if I start soon.
    Great idea, I haven't done a swap in a few years and I've been missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done a card swap before either, and not like I have a whole lot of time, but I will try and get them done... I want to sign up for Traditional and Non-traditional.

    Tammie Dawn

    ReplyDelete

jmpurves@mchsi.com