Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm BAAACKKK!!!

I'm back from DC and we had a wonderful trip!  It was a long drive (over 2,400) but we made it!  Convention was awesome and I can't wait to be able to show all the new product!

The day after I returned, I had my follow up visit with my podiatrist and my surgery date was set.  For July 30th.  That's just next Friday!!  I had to get real busy and start making plans for that.  For those of you who do not know... I injured my "stupid foot" (as I affectionately call it!) about a year and a half ago.  It has gotten better and then would get bad and better and badder (is that a word??) and finally, I just got fed up with it.  I was finding myself being able to go less and less.  And it just plain hurt... like someone had place a branding iron on the back of my ankle!  So, I decided to talk to a podiatrist.  And was told it would need surgery, but of course, I just HAD to get this Washington DC trip out of my way!  So, now it's time.

And here's the plan.  This is what they are going to do... They are going to make an "S" incision on the back of my foot, detach my achilles tendon, clean up the bone spurs and remove the floaters and reattach the achilles with screws and staples and sew me back up. 

Then, for my recover, I have to be down, with my foot propped up high enough to be above my heart, for 55 minutes out of every hour... for the first week.  Then for 50 minutes out of every hour... for the second week.  And so on, and so on.  You get the picture.  It's not going to be fun.  But I'm hopeful I will at least be able to walk for more than 5 - 10 minutes.  I will be off work for 8 to 10 weeks. 

GOOD NEWS is... I will be back on my feet for the FALL RETREAT!!!  YEAH!!  And I have such a wonderful team of ladies who are volunteering to help me that I just know it will be JUST FINE! 

And being off my feet that much, you all will be hearing from me a LOT MORE!!!  Well, at least after the pain medication wears off!  (I wouldn't listen to much I say for a week or so after my surgery!)

Anyway... I have been talking with Krista at the Branson Scrapbook store and she is going to start shopping for me for goody bags!  I can't wait to see what she comes up for us!  She is just awesome and I can not wait for you all to meet her!

Well, that's it for now, but be watching because my guess is... the second week in August, this blog should start hopping.  I'll be thinking and planning when I can't do anything else, so LOOK OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny, good luck with the surgery. I will be thinking and praying for you and your speedy recovery.

    Kathy White

    ReplyDelete

jmpurves@mchsi.com